IML (In Mould Labelling) is the integration of IML label with the packaging during the injection. In this process, firstly,label is placed into the IML injection mould, thenmelt thermoplastic polymer combines with IML label and takes the shape of the mold. Thus, production of packaging and labelling performed at the same time.
IML process can be applied withblow molding, injection molding and thermoforming technologies.
Nowadays, in-mould labelling has become preferable because of the several major advantages by many sectors such as food, industrial pails, chemistry, health etc.
Advantages of IML
- Environmentally friendly, consist of100% recycledmaterial.
- Resistant to mechanical, thermal and chemical effects.
- Has lower production time and lower production cost.
- Provides wide ranges of images and effects such as matt, glossy, high glossy, orange peel, partial lacquer, no-label look etc.
- Provides high resolution printing. (Photo Quality Printing)
- Allows quick design corrections and changeovers.
- Less defects / rejects
- No post labeling step is necessary
- Faster production line speeds are possible
- Can be applied to corners and complex shaped containers
- No need to keep an in-house container inventory anymore